Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Update from Michigan

Hi from Michigan!

I’m at my Aunt’s school now and I’m enjoying it so much, I’m helping/teaching her kindergartens how to read and write. I think it’s pretty sweet how I have this chance to be in the classroom since I’m doing Education at MUN whenever I can. Sometimes you hear about people doing Education in university and then dropping out after they do their teacher internship, so now I know that I actually enjoy it!

Today one little girl named Marli wrote me a “story” and this is how it went:

“I really like when Maryellen comes to class. I really like her and she likes me too”

Whenever we go anywhere in the school kids are running up to me wanting me to hold their hand, walk beside them, sit by them in their “special spot” or whatever, I guess it’s good to know that the kids like me when it’s something I want to do for the rest of my life as a career.

Anyways, Michigan is going well.
Today it’s a little rainy but still warm.

The first day I was here we bought a pizza and went out for a picnic to the park, and then went for a walk and I let some birds eat out of my hands, haha it was cute.

So I hear it’s 3 degrees at home today!
It’s 18 here today, and it was even warmer yesterday, people here are even complaining a bit about how chilly it is! baha

Anyways, I’m really enjoying it here :)

1 Comments:

At Sat Apr 15, 03:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! How cute are little kids :) Last Monday a grade 5 class at school threw my Dad a surprise birthday party. What muffins.

Glad to hear you're having so much fun. You should post some pictures or something :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home