Saturday, March 04, 2006

Work

One phrase that’s taking me a while to get used to is:

“Sorry, I can’t, I have to work”

Work is starting to bug me in that way, I guess it’s only because this is my first real job and I’ve only been there for about two months. For any of you who read this and don’t know, I work at Glow in One in the Avalon Mall. I’m a party host.

The kids are great, I enjoy working with them, the parties are generally alright, but I’m not getting used to the fact that I can’t hang out with people and do things like I could anymore.

I went in to my boss and asked for Fridays and Sundays off due to Etcetera, and she said I can when the other party host returns, she has been off for 2 months, and thankfully, she’s coming back this Tuesday, meaning I won’t need to miss any more Etcetera practices if they don’t schedule me for tomorrow afternoon :)

The thing is that like I said, I’m a party host, and when do most parties fall? On the weekends. There are 6 today and 6 tomorrow, I have to do two today and one possibly tomorrow evening after practice. I needed to ask for the 18th off which is a Saturday to go see Aida and yesterday a few friends mentioned about going skiing next Saturday and I can’t ask for another day off, they’d be insane to give me all of these Saturdays off when I already need my Fridays and Sundays off.

Ugh, it’s just the matter of getting used to….and I guess I haven’t gotten used to it yet, I just hate missing things.

But, on the upside of things Dad is planning on getting me my own car!

That’s petty sweet.

He wants to see that I can save my money, I don’t need to pay him all at once but he just wants to see I’m able to save the money I’m earning.

I’m not sure when I’d be getting it….it would be great for the summer though, my one year is up on the 31st of May so that would be great timing :)

We’ll see.

1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 05, 02:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The work thing can get annoying. This weekend is the first time in a long time i have actually spent hanging out with people. I started to find that whenever I wasn't working, I was either behind in school, or so tired that I just wanted to be alone at home. It's rough. You learn to juggle things though.

Yay for a car! Get an Echo, they rock!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home